No white after Labor Day? Yeah, WHATEVER! Let's all agree that breaking this very rule can create some fab chick approved results. Sometimes traditions need to be broken to make room for new ones.
Here are 6 simple tips to help you wear your white after Labor Day successfully:
1. Wear white garments that are of a heavier weight; stay away from linen and lightweight fabrics.
2. Keep details on your white garment to a minimum, refrain from eyelet and lace detailing.
3. Incorporate heavy fabrics/textures in your look like leather, suede, wool, etc.
4. Don't be afraid to pair with darker hues and colors; brown, plum, green, shades of gray, etc.
5. Pair with obvious fall-like items; trench coat, utility jacket, cardigans, etc.
6. Put away summer shoes and wear your white with fall/winter-like footwear; leather oxfords and boots.
So when you finally decide to put away your spring/summer garments for your fall/winter wears, keep those whites out a little bit longer. There's still more fab-ness to be had out of them.
1. J Crew Belt $34
2. Uniqlo Short Trench Coat $97
3. J Crew Bright Dahlia Cardigan $89
4. Joe's Jeans White Flare Skinny Jeans $158
5. Kors Michael Kors Suede Ankle boots $250
6. .Madewell Mailbag $68