Although summer has blown by, it does not mean you can't hold on to the season a little while longer. By adding a few fall must-have accessories and basics, wearing your favorite summer dress can still be just as easy breezy when the air becomes brisk and chill.
Here are five ways I transition my summer dresses into my fall wardrobe –which makes taking advantage of those end-of-summer dress deals even more worthwhile!
·Add texture with leggings, tights and/or socks.
·Change the dress’ silhouette by adding a loose pullover for a skirt and top look, or add a contrasting leather belt
·Create layers with a t-shirt, long sleeved Henley, pullover, or cardigan under and/or over in a basic color different than the dress’ color.
·Skip the sandals and opt for chunky booties, or high boots
·Accessorize with fall in mind; scarves, beanies, leather bags
1. Knitted Fluffy Stitch Cardigan - Topshop $140
2. Classic Skinny Leather Belt - Urban Outfitters $20
3. Pleated Georgette Dress - The Outnet $81
4. Medallion Necklace - Madewell $80
5. Watch - Michael Kors $250
6. Platform Suede Boots - DV by Dolce Vita $130
7. Over-the-knee sock - Madewell $19
8. 'Vintage Reissue' Crossbody Bag - Fossil $248