1. Ginger is a great anti-inflammatory that can assist in reducing inflammation, which can be beneficial to your body defending itself against diseases.
2. Instead of taking over-the-counter medication for nausea, morning and motion sickness, ginger is a great natural remedy for many gastrointestinal issues. Next time you have an upset stomach, drink a cup of ginger tea.
3. Ginger can assist in killing cancerous cells and preventing them from becoming resistant to medication needed to fight the dreaded illness. In testing ovarian cancer cells and its reaction to ginger, researchers have found that the cancer cells died by killing themselves. It’s a great agent in battling many cancers.
4. Got bad breath? Whether you want to admit it or not, chewing on a piece of ginger can help freshen your breathe naturally.
5. When it comes to boosting the immune system, ginger is consumed with many properties that promote healthy sweating. So on days when you feel a cold coming on, rather than grab for symptom suppressing medicine, add a bit of ginger to your diet.
1. REISS - Kara Nude Bell Sleeve shirt
2. NEIL BARRETT - Green Leather bucket Bag
3. BCBGMAX AZRIA - Suede Toggle Bracelet
4. VINCE CAMUTO - Prue Pump
5. REBECCA TAYLOR - Pointelle knit cotton sweater
6. Scotch & Soda - Trendy Military Jacket
According to my sore and itchy throat, accompanied by a stuffy nose, spring is definitely upon us. So to celebrate, I’ve decided to share my top 5 favorite spring beauty trends. Just because we maybe wanting to pluck our eyeballs out from all the constant rubbing, there’s no reason for us to not attempt a fab spring time look.
Full Eyebrows : Eyebrows are thought of as the “frames of the face” and a fuller more natural brow has become a major trend. And for the season of rain and flowers, it's ranks high on the list.
Achieve it : Try using a powder instead of pencil when filling in for a natural appearance. Set with either a brow gel or wax to complete the look.
Recommended products : Benefit “Brow Zings”
Pastel lips : From lavender to beige, a mod pastel lip has made a serious come back for the spring season.
Achieve it : For a luscious pout, be sure to exfoliate lips prior to applying your lip color. Use a lip pencil to add definition and keep lipsticks picture perfect.
Recommended products : Smashbox lip exfoliant w/ peppercorn & mint & MAC's Pink Popcorn
Bright Eyes : Everything that pops is perfect for spring, including bright colors for your eyes. I suggest getting on this trend a.s.a.p. Have fun and get funky!
Achieve it : Always use a shadow base for long wear with vibrant color.
Recommended products : Nars eyeshadow duo “Jolie Poupee” & Urban Decay “eye potion” primer
Barely there foundation : Spring is all about a fresh and clean face with no evidence of a heavy cover up.
Achieve it : Keep your skin at optimum health with a great skincare regime that fits your individual skincare needs.
Recommended products : Caudalie Skincare w/ grape seed extract & Makeup Forever “HD” foundation and primer
Shimmer, Shimmer, Shimmer : Whether on your eyes, skin or incorporated in your clothing...Shimmer is EVERYWHERE!!!
Achieve it : Try some shimmer on your eyelids over your existing shadow to take your look from day to night.
Recommended products : OCC Cosmetics loose pigments
While the short film for Elle Magazine's May cover shoot with Rihanna was cool to watch, I loved the simple styling and fell in love with this cropped sweater and matching skirt. Now here's a look I definitely want to recreate this summer. Are you crop top ready this season?
While the actual animal maybe a little terrifying for me, I have no problems being one with a snakeskin accessory. Considering prints are all the rage this spring season, this print and texture is definitely one I've slithered on my radar as a must-have when it comes to accessories. Whether Cobra, Boa Constrictor or Python, as long as it's not hissing at me, it's a win!
1. Zara - zara.com
2. Topshop - topshop.com
3. Alexander McQueen - net-a-porter.com
4. BCBGMax Azria - bcbg.com
5. Madewell - madewell.com
6. BCBGMax Azria - bcbg.com
7. BCBGMax Azria - macys.com
8. Cynthia Dresser - shirise.com
9. Belle by Sigerson Morrison - madewell.com
10. Vince Camuto - vincecamuto.com
11. Kenneth Jay Lane - maxandcloe.com
12. Sam Edelman - loft.com