Lately, many of my shopping excursions have been with friend, style/pop culture writer and fellow Fab Chick, Annika. Although our personal styles differ just a wee bit, we often find ourselves liking the same items. With that in mind, I wondered what her spring must-have items were. Well I asked, and this is what Annika had to say.
"My job as a freelance writer allows me to have quite a bit of wiggle room in my wardrobe ... I only have to please me. So this spring, I'm going to indulge my newly developed shorts obsession while mixing in some other basics. I tend to prefer a more simple, dressed-down look in the spring than I do in the winter, so I've stuck to a neutral palette with a few pops of color added in. I often get outfit inspiration from my shoes, so I've chosen a few sky-high, notice-me pairs. And I'm proud to say the orange pout I rocked last spring is now a trend. I've already started shopping for a few of my must-haves at my favorite retailers like, French Connection, Urban Outfitters, Hudson Jeans, and GILT Groupe."
1. Rachel Rachel Roy Mixed Corset, $99
2. Madewell Spotted Matinee Blouse, $95
3. OutervisionNYC Aviator Sunglasses
4. J. Crew Jamestown Canvas Peep-Toe Ankle Boots, $325
5. J. Crew Maritime-Stripe Blazer, $118
6. Pour la Victoire Irina Platform Pumps, $250
7. J. Crew Chambray Belmarin Pant, $75
8. Three Dots Draped Skirt, $72
9. MAC Lipstick in Morange, $14
10. DKNY Semi-Sheer Tank, $45
11. The Gap Suede Laser Cut Tote, $98
12. Madewell The Love Letter Clutch, $52
13. The Gap Garment Dye Roll-Up Shorts, $40
14. Boutique 9 Kaira Suede High Heel Sandals, $130
15. J. Crew Skinny Ultra-Lounge Pant, $59
16. Madewell Shadows & Light Shorts, $98
Be sure to check out some of Annika's latest work online at Uptown Magazine and The Frisky. And don't forget to follow her over at twitter.com/glamniki.